If you are like a lot of people, you’ve got likely not given a good deal of consideration to your eyesight. But if you do not learn about eye care, your vision could suffer. It is an undesirable strategy, though vision is generally ignored until something bad happens. The suggestions here are designed to help educate you about eye care. Doing this will provide your general eye health and vision with long term benefits.
- Avoid touching your eyes with your hand if you’d not washed your hands. You will transfer the bacteria to your own eyes and raise the threat if an eye infection, if you touch your eyes
- Do not stare at the computer screen too long. You decreased distance focus, and can get issues like eyestrain, blurriness, headaches, dry eyes. Try taking breaks every 20 minutes by appearing 20 feet from the display for about 20 seconds approximately. This refocus your eyes to reduce or prevent those eye problems and can assist you to rest.
- Good eye health starts with the food on your plate. Nutrients like omega-3 fatty acids, lutein, zinc, and vitamins C and E might help ward off age-related vision problems like macular degeneration and cataracts. To get them, fill your plate with:
- Green leafy vegetables like spinach, kale, and collards
- Salmon, tuna, and other oily fish
- Eggs, nuts, beans, and other nonmeat protein sources
- Oranges and other citrus fruits or juices
- Oysters and pork
- Quit Smoking. It makes you more likely to get cataracts, damage to your optic nerve, and macular degeneration. If you’ve tried to kick the habit before only to start again, keep at it. The more times you try to quit, the more likely you are to succeed. Ask your doctor for help.
- Wear Sunglasses. The right pair of shades will help protect your eyes from the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) rays. Too much UV exposure boosts your chances of cataracts and macular degeneration. Choose a pair that blocks 99% to 100% of UVA and UVB rays. Wraparound lenses help protect your eyes from the side. Polarised lenses reduce glare while you drive.